At Solomon Brothers, we use our state- of- the-art OGI Firetrace analyzer to ensure
superior accuracy as we assess each diamond. This instrument gives us a sophisticated,
computerized analysis that measures the diamond, mathematically simulates its light-reflecting
properties, and determines how much "life" is in the stone. With our OGI Firetrace
analysis, you know the exact properties of the diamond you are considering.
- Excellent (Ideal) – An ideal diamond will display the maximum amount
of reflected light. Because symmetry plays such an important role, only "round"
diamonds (as opposed to specialty shapes) can be graded as "excellent".
- Very Good (Nearly "ideal") – These diamonds reflect up to 90% of
the light that enters them. They are exceptionally well-cut diamonds creating an
- Good – Because these diamonds still reflect a good portion of the
light that enters the stone, they make very attractive engagement rings.
- Fair – These stones will reflect approximately 40% of the light
that enters. While the size of the diamond can mean good value for money, the stone
will lack high brilliance.
- Poor – Although less brilliant than other diamonds and therefore
not recommended for engagement rings, these still create a lovely effect in earrings
and pendants and often represent excellent value.